Your Team Members | In one word … “EXCEPTIONAL”.
MHS, CHES, Integrated Health & Wellness Director
Paula LittlejohnMHS, CHES, Integrated Health & Wellness Director
A Certified Health Education Specialist with a Masters in Health Science and a concentration on Social & Behavioral Science and Health Education from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Paula has worked in multiple health fields including clinical and academic setting and private clinics.
Passionate for health and holistic nutrition and green living, Paula enjoys whole foods cooking, shopping at local farmers market, attending health events/conferences and finding local “U-Pick” opportunities.
Paula’s interest includes chronic disease treatment and prevention through alternative medicine, nutrition and understanding the role of genetics in managing disease as well as integrated/functional medicine research.
As the Legacies Health Centre’s Integrated Health & Wellness Director, she plans to help Legacies become a state of art, one of a kind model for integrated care and research in Canada.
Head of Kinesiology
Suki AujlaHead of Kinesiology
- Suki is the Head of Kinesiology at Legacies Health Centre.
- She coordinates the Active Rehab Programs between patients, medical doctors, and the ICBC Adjusters to ensure a successful outcome with the kinesiologists.
“My focus is to provide the best in active rehab care for our patients, and to ensure a worry-free experience so that the patient can focus on recovery.” -Suki Aujla, Head of Kinesiology at Legacies Health Centre
- Suki holds a Masters Degree in Education, and has had a life-long passion in fitness and rehab.
- Reshad Etminan is a graduate of the 3000 hour program at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy in New Westminster.
- Competing at a high caliber in soccer most of his life, from the B.C. provincial team to the Youth National Program in Canada to a full ride collegiate soccer scholarship in the U.S.; Reshad has gained valuable knowledge and experience both on and off the field relating to injuries and injury prevention.
- With Reshad’s educational background at SFU’s Kinesiology program and currently finishing off TRU’s Health Science program, he is able to incorporate his skills into the working field as an RMT. Reshad is currently in the process of completing his certificate to be a part of the Canadian Sports Massage Therapists Association.
“From working with varsity athletes at UBC, to treating patients suffering from conditions such as multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, and parkinsons; I enjoy helping a wide range of clients reach their goals.” -Reshad Etminan, RMT
- Reshad is a highly motivated therapist who strives to excel in every situation and solve any problem he faces. Using every technique available to him, Reshad focuses on restoring full range of motion, encouraging proper posture, and increasing tissue mobility to ensure optimal, pain-free functionality.
Reshad’s Treatment Techniques include, but not limited to:
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF)
- Myofascial release techniques
- Therapeutic exercise
- Muscle energy techniques (MET)
- Joint mobilizations
Alexandra HeroldRegistered Acupuncturist
- Alexandra Herold is a Registered Acupuncturist in BC, and has been trained in Germany in Naturopathic Medicine and British Columbia in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. Alexandra has a true thirst for knowledge, and is constantly adding courses to her credentials. Treatment styles commonly used may include:
- Classical Acupuncture (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Trigger Point Acupuncture
- Ear Acupuncture
- Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Acupoint Injection Therapy / Biopuncture
- Laser Acupuncture
- Electro Acupuncture
- Alexandra’s main focus is in the treatment of acute and chronic pain, such as from accidents, sports injuries, arthritis, headaches, back pain, fibromyalgia, and even sciatica. Treatments often also include:
- Tuina Massage
- TDP-Infrared Heat
- Stress management (including symptoms such as insomnia, anxiety, PTSD, low energy) is another common ailment seen with great success by Alexandra.
- Pregnancy is a special interest group for Alexandra, and she has had very good acupuncture treatment results with infertility, pregnancy discomforts, and labour pain management.
“Whether my patient is trying to get pregnant without medications, or managing pain, or healing from an injury – I will work with them to bring them closer to their goals.”
-Alexandra Herold, Reg. Acupuncturist
Allie BarnesMedical Receptionist
- Allie works part-time at Legacies Health Centre as a medical receptionist while she continues in her 3rd year of university pursuing her Criminology Degree.
“I love most about Legacies Health Centre is the amazing staff; everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand in order to make everything run as smooth as possible! But also the patients – it is a joy to see our regulars and the bright new faces! We’re here to help and it’s awesome seeing patients walk out feeling better than they felt before there treatment. -Allie Barnes, Medical Receptionist
- Allie is excited to share our wide range of health services, especially now that we are in our new facility and we have so many more amazing services to offer in order to help patients feel their best!
“I am here to ensure that your experience is the best, customer service is extremely important to the Legacies Staff. If our patients can leave here smiling, knowing that they had a great experience, I know I did my job well.” Allie Barnes, Medical Receptionist
Shannon KalotiKinesiologist, BSc
- Shannon is a graduate from Simon Fraser University, and has a Bachelors Degree in Science in Kinesiology with a concentration in Active Health and Rehabilitation.
- Shannon maintains a certificate in Health and Fitness Studies.
- Registered Kinesiologist with BCAK
“I love working with patients who are motivated, and strive to get better; those who have a willingness to learn, are committed to the program, and bring a positive energy to each session.” -Shannon Kaloti
- Shannon is motivated by the feeling of knowing that she has made a positive impact in the lives of others. She is excited to work at Legacies Health Centre, and the vibrant colours and the many windows in the private gym.
“The best part is when clients tell you that they are better than before they began working with you and I can see they appreciate the time I’ve spent with them.” – Shannon Kaloti
Sonya GillMedical Receptionist
- A dedicated staff member of Legacies Health Centre, Sonya loves helping patients with whatever they need and always strives to provide a great first impression.
“Being an initial contact for patients, I hope to practice the best customer service possible and always have a smile on my face. The best part about working with the Legacies team is the phenomenal staff and practitioners with such great attitudes, always figuring out ways to work together to solve problems and get work done!” – Sonya Gill, Medical Receptionist
- Sonya is known for her smile! She is one of those people who lights up a room, and will instantly make you feel welcome.
- Bachelors Degree of Kinesiology
- 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
“Having the opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives is the most rewarding experience.” -Sunny Mann, Kinesiologist
- Sunny especially strives to help a patient finish their active rehab program with a sense of fulfillment.
“The positive and professional team environment and atmosphere here at Legacies Health Centre makes it a natural choice for patients to choose.” -Sunny Mann, Kinesiologist
Head Medical Receptionist
Mykita BurgaHead Medical Receptionist
- Mykita is excited to be starting her new position as the Head of Medical Reception at Legacies Health Centre.
- She loves working in the customer service field and is always willing to go the extra mile for customers.
- Mykita is an organized person who works hard at keeping the clinic neat and tidy. She helps with receptionist training, billings to our third party insurers, as well as trying her best to ensure you get the appointment dates you need.
“I’m here to help you! If I can find a solution that helps get you better, or find a billing solution so that you pay less – I am truly fulfilled!” -Mykita Burga, Head of Medical Reception at Legacies Health Centre
RMT, SMT (cc)
Adryon HuttonRMT, SMT (cc)
- Adryon has been the lead registered massage therapist with the CFL BC Lions since Legacies opened its doors back in 2006. Passionate about sports therapy, Adryon has worked at the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games, 2009 World Police & Fire Games, 2008 ITU World Cup for Team New Zealand, and participates annually for the Hazelmere’s Charity Classic, and local Running Room Clinic Workshops.
- Adryon often takes a leadership role within the clinic, and was the proud recipient of the 2009 Most Contributing Team Member Award.
- Adryon practices what she teaches, and stays active in yoga, surfing, snowboarding, the gym, and chasing her young daughter.
- A great patient for Adryon is someone who likes deeper pressure, and has not had desired results from other therapies.
Medical Reception Manager
Aman SidhuMedical Reception Manager
- Aman embodies the qualities of Customer Service: warm, welcoming, patient, and always willing to do whatever it takes to help. In 2010, Aman was the recipient of the coveted LEGACIES award “Most Contributing Team Member”, as voted by her peers.
- As Legacies Health Centre’s Medical Reception Manager, Aman assists with receptionist training, overall image of the clinic, front desk office administration, and oversees some of our more technical billing.
- Aman is happiest when she can assist patients – whether that’s assisting with language translation, problem-solving third-party billing so a patient can pay less, or simply making a new patient feel welcomed in our clinic. Aman will always go the “extra-mile” for you at Legacies Health Centre.
Dr. Sukh Mann
BSc, RMT, DC, ART, SMT (cc), Performance Director
Dr. Sukh MannBSc, RMT, DC, ART, SMT (cc), Performance Director
- Dr. Mann is one of the only practitioners in BC who is both a Licensed Chiropractor and a Registered Massage Therapist. He is also a fully certified A.R.T. Practitioner. Passionate about sports treatment, he has worked at many sporting events such as the Vancouver 2010 Olympics and Paralympics, Pan Am Games, World Ironman Championships Canada, and the Vancouver International Marathon. Dr. Mann travels internationally with Rowing Canada Aviron Team, and is currently working with the Vancouver Whitecaps as a RMT, and the BC Lions as their Chiropractor.
- A good patient for Dr. Mann is someone who suffers from repetitive overuse injuries and aches or pains that they have not had optimal results from other therapies.
- An avid hockey player, Dr. Mann also stays active in golf, running, and many other recreational activities.
- A recent graduate in massage therapy, Alanna is currently pursuing her Health Sciences Degree and her Instructor Level Stott Pilates.
- Treatment modalities commonly used by Alanna range from myofasical release, muscle energy techniques, deep tissue massage, joint mobilization, hydrotherapy, and various stretching techniques.
- Alanna says: “My focus is on assessing the whole person and listening to the clients’ concerns so I can treat an individual’s symptoms – but more importantly, identify and eliminate the root cause of those symptoms.”
Dr. Asal Shalviri
ND, Cert. Acupuncture
Dr. Asal ShalviriND, Cert. Acupuncture
- Dr. Shalviri, Naturopathic Doctor and fully certified in Acupuncture, is renown for her success with digestive disorders and hyper-sensitivity conditions.
- Dr. Shalviri has focussed her practice on pain management, weight loss & diet, and allergies. Providing a wide array of Naturopathic remedies, she utilizes result-focussed techniques – such as biopuncture.
- Dr. Shalviri’s 8-week detox & weight-loss program is especially popular, as most people lose between 13-20lbs and find they can keep the weight off with sustainable lifestyle habits created throughout the program.
- Focused advanced training in therapy includes Cranial-sacral Therapy (Level 1, Upledgers Institute) and Manual Lymph Drainage (Dr. Vodder’s School of MLD).
- Enjoys teaching tennis where she holds an Instructor certification through Tennis Canada, and is also an instructor teaching German at the Surrey German Language School on weekends.
- Christina’s a true animal lover, and has applied her knowledge in therapy to achieve the Equestrian Sports Massage Therapy designation and has even instructed Canine Massage Courses!
- Having met many of the community’s physicians personally, Greg continues to maintain a close professional relationship with his referring doctors by communicating treatment progress regularly.
- Treatments often include deep tissue and trigger point release, and an active component of therapeutic exercise.
- As an all-round sports fan, Greg enjoys working with Martial Arts and outdoor recreation athletes.
Matt Furlot, CEO, RMT, SMT
Chief Executive Officer, Clinic Director
Matt Furlot, CEO, RMT, SMTChief Executive Officer, Clinic Director
- The Clinic Director & Chief Executive Officer, Matt oversees clinic operations, ongoing staff training, and maintains high profile sport contracts with the clinic. His goal is to provide the best quality of health and treatment services with the greatest economical choices to the communities of Delta and Surrey. Professional standards are set high at this clinic, and we believe in accountability to the patients and doctors.
- A registered massage therapist since 1997, Matt has specialty credentials in Sports as a certified Sports Massage Therapist (SMT), as well as Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation (ATRI). With a science background, Matt is a recipient of the Lieutenant Governor’s award for his achievements in Applied Sciences.
- Matt continues to keynote speak at International Conferences in sports, aquatic therapy, and rehabilitation. He continues to teach at UBC with the Masters Physiotherapy Program since 2006. Matt is well known within his profession as an instructor of continuing education courses, which he has continued to produce since 1999.
- From 2006-2010 Matt participated with the Vancouver Olympic Committee (VANOC) on the medical services team and developed the 80-therapist-strong team as the Massage Manager and Supervisor for the 2010 Olympics and Paralympics. Matt has also been a staff therapist with over 20 of Canada’s National Teams. He has worked in the NBA, CFL, MLS, and continues to travel internationally with sports.
James BriseRMT, BA
- Since becoming a Registered Massage Therapist in 2005 James has had the opportunity to work alongside and learn from many different health care professionals. As a result of all this James has a unique perspective and a highly effective treatment style. He also has an ever growing body of knowledge to draw from to expedite your recovery or ideally to prevent injury.
- A graduate from the University of British Columbia, James is currently working on his Bachelor Degree of Health Sciences.
- James has experience working at various sporting events such as the Pan Pacific Swimming Championships, Historic Half Marathon, Vancouver International Marathon, and pre-game treatments for the BC Lions.
- An avid runner, James has experience running and training for different races from everything from a 10km all the way up to a full marathon. He always seems to have that next marathon on his mind and lately we have been worried about his sanity with his talk about attempting an ultra-marathon. Going through many of the pains of training, James can easily relate to your questions or concerns.
- James is currently experimenting with minimalist footwear for daily use and running. Ask him about it and he’ll gladly explain the logic behind it to you. He really is a bit of a shoe geek.
RMT, SMT (cc)
Jasmin SchenkRMT, SMT (cc)
- Jasmin has a diverse clinical experience ranging from the weekend warrior to the professional athlete to pregnancy. She has a strong interest in sports injuries and physical rehabilitation, including pre and post partum care.
- Jasmin enjoys applying a treatment approach which includes patient education, physical rehabilitation, combined with massage as essential elements in the treatment and prevention of injury. She has worked with Ironman Triathlons and the Vancouver Marathon as event medical staff, and enjoys working with the Professional Sport Teams through Legacies.
- Currently working on obtaining her Canadian Sports Massage Therapy certification, Jasmin is also completing a degree in Health Sciences at Thompson Rivers University. An athlete herself, Jasmin plays lacrosse and does Bikram’s Yoga.
- Jeff is a dedicated Registered Massage Therapist who is committed to setting and attaining treatment goals with his clients to ensure a healthier future.
- A 10 year career as a personal trainer has exposed him to many different clients and has set his passion for health of the human body. His background in competitive sports and martial arts has assisted him in transitioning smoothly into massage therapy. He’s all too familiar with injuries and how effective massage therapy can be in treating them.
- Whether you’re dealing with an accident, sports injury or postural strains; Jeff is dedicated to identifying the source of pain in order to achieve balance and comfort in the body.
RMT, SMT (cc)
Marco LapenaRMT, SMT (cc)
- Marco has a wide range clinical experience with a strong passion and interest for sports injuries and orthopaedic rehabilitation, and is currently working on completing his Canadian Sports Massage Therapy certification.
- Marco is currently working with the Vancouver Whitecaps MLS Team, and also enjoys working with Varsity Athletics.
- A recreational athlete himself, Marco enjoys golf, snowboarding and volleyball.
Chief Operations Officer / Owner
Marsha FurlotChief Operations Officer / Owner
- Over 15 years working in Medical Office Administration, and over 20 years in Customer Service, Marsha leads the Company Operations.
- An equal owner in LEGACIES, Marsha has helped develop the Vision of the clinic – to offer Surrey & Delta the most affordable cost options to treatment. She has achieved this by developing exceptional relationships with our third-party insurers who we direct bill. Marsha’s motto: “if we can bill it to an insurer – to keep your cost low – we will!”
- Marsha oversees all medical reception policies and procedures, hires and assists training of new receptionists, and continues to problem-solve new methods to keep patient costs low! Legacies Health Centre direct bills more insurances than any other clinic in BC – and Marsha is to credit for that achievement.
Dr. Sharon Dhaliwal
Dr. Sharon DhaliwalB.Sc., D.C.
- Dr. Dhaliwal graduated in Sept 2005 from Western States Chiropractic College where she obtained a Doctor of Chiropractic Degree. In addition to her doctorate, she completed her BSc, at the University of British Columbia, Dr. Dhaliwal employs many modern chiropractic techniques to provide a wide variety of treatments specifically tailored for each individual.
- Dr. Dhaliwal is dedicated to helping patients bodies cope better with these stresses, and coaching her patients towards a healthier lifestyle. In order to achieve this goal, Dr. Dhaliwal utilizes the most beneficial, up-to-date chiropractic techniques, postural correction methods, wellness coaching and custom fit orthotics.
BA (Econ), RMT, SMT (cc)
Vincent LamBA (Econ), RMT, SMT (cc)
- Vince enjoys working with varying types of patients, from athletes to expectant mothers, assessing their needs and providing an individualized treatment program. Participating at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics as a volunteer member of the Medical Team. Vince provided sports massage to many Olympians as well as coaches. He enjoys his continued work with the WHL Vancouver Giants, as well as working with the Vancouver Whitecaps and BC Lions.
- Passionate about injury prevention and physical rehabilitation, Vince leads by example promoting an active lifestyle to his patients. Vince is known as an avid hockey player.
- Yusuf’s road to a massage therapy career began at a young age. A multi-sport athlete through-out high school; his dreams of having a professional sports career came to an end after suffering two major knee injuries at a young age. Still motivated by sports he decided to persue a career in massage therapy and rehabilitate those in need.After graduating with a diploma in 2002, Yusuf Daud has continued to practice massage therapy for more than 10 years. He has built quite the repertoire working with athletes from the NFL, CFL, MLS and NLA.Daud’s widespread experience has allowed him to focus on an extensive clientele. His clients also include doctors, teachers, nurses, labourers and seniors who have been loyal to his services for close to 10 years. Yusuf continues to be an avid soccer and hockey player.
Parveena MannMedical Receptionist
- Parveena joined the Legacies team in May 2013 as a medical receptionist and she is currently enrolled in her first year at university studying health sciences.
” I love to do whatever I can to assist our patients and make sure their time at Legacies is great. I will always go the extra mile for our patients at Legacies and do whatever I can to make them feel welcomed.” -Parveena Mann, Medical Receptionist
- Excited to join the team at Legacies, Parveena enjoys an environment where she gets to help better the lives of patients.
“I am a friendly, patient person who loves to meet new people and do whatever I can to help patients.” -Parveena Mann, Medical Receptionist
- Nicole graduated in Kinesiology major in 2009.
- She has been working with different population and I love interacting with people.
- Nicole is currently a mentor to some new kinesiology graduates and enjoys working with different health professionals and especially enjoys the health sciences.
- Nicole is currently finishing her registered nursing degree, and hopes to expand her scope of practice.
“Transitioning to the Legacies Health Centre and new environment is a good change and I am excited about what the new facilities has to offer!” -Nicole Poon, Kinesiologist
Natasha CombowKinesiologist, BSc
- Natasha graduated from Simon Fraser University (2013) with a Bachelors of Science, majoring in Kinesiology, with a concentration in Active Health and Rehabilitation.
- Natasha maintains a certificate in Health and Fitness Studies.
“I love to work with motivated individuals, but I’m always willing to take on any type of client, especially if it’s a challenge. The smile on a patient’s face once they start to see/feel the results is what I love most about this job – it’s incredibly rewarding!” -Natasha Combow
- A career highlight for Natasha has been to be able to work at Legacies, and she looks forward to the many opportunities this placement will bring.
“I’m excited to be working out of the spacious private gym at Legacies Health Centre and using the latest in technology for charting patient records.” - Natasha Combow
Meenu HeerMedical Receptionist
- Meenu has been with Legacies since 2008 as a medical receptionist, and has a Bachelors of Business Administration degree in Human Resource Management.
“I love the team I work with! Legacies has always been like a family, we all work so well together and I enjoy coming to work because of our amazing patients and our team.” -Meenu Heer, Medical Receptionist
- Meenu is excited for the recent expansion of the clinic and the challenges it will bring. As a growing company, Legacies has is a place she’s proud to be at!
- Meenu has been with Legacies since 2008 as a medical receptionist, and has a Bachelors of Business Administration degree in Human Resource Management.
- Jason Scott is a hybrid graduate of the West Coast College of Massage Therapy & the Okanagan Valley College of Massage Therapy. He brings his massage therapy techniques to the area after building successful practices in the Yaletown district of Vancouver.
- Having been through accidents and surgeries of his own, he understands the importance of a collaborative rehabilitation effort that includes ongoing Massage Therapy sessions for both acute care and chronic injuries.
- Other interests involve assisting with connective tissue pathologies such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and lupus.
I will take the time to assess, discuss, and design a personal treatment plan with health-specific outcomes in mind, helping you reach your goal.” -Jason Scott, RMT
- Jason is presently enrolled in the Bachelor of Health Science Degree program through Thompson Rivers University.
- Jason was the recipient of the community voted “Best Massage” in the Reader’s Choice Awards for Harrison Hot Springs, Agassiz, and Hope in 2012.