Surrey Delta BC at Legacies Health Centre
Seasonal Allergies and Naturopathic Medicine
Seasonal allergies are the result of an overactive immune system, reacting to something in the environment (e.g. tree pollen, mold spores, etc.) that the body perceives as threat even though it is completely harmless. For most, the characteristic hay fever symptoms of headache, sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion and itchy eyes are not overly debilitating on their own-but they are relentlessly annoying, and can culminate in a lifelong battle for respiratory sufficiency.
How can a Naturopathic Doctor help?
A Naturopath can help you identify the causes of your allergies and treat the underlying issues. Instead of relying on daily over-the counter medications year after year, learn how to strengthen your immune system and teach it to respond appropriately to the things that trigger your allergies. A comprehensive treatment plan may include dietary modification, botanical medicine, supplements and acupuncture.
Naturopathic Allergy relief:
- Quercetin and vitamins: Quercetin is a plant-derived flavonoid that has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-histamine effects. Vitamin C also has natural anti-histamine effects and also helps to boost our immune system
- Eliminate dairy products: dairy products are considered “damp” foods that contribute to congestion and inflammation
- Botanical Medicine: depending on your individual needs we will utilize herbs to alleviate your symptoms, support your adrenal, strengthen your immunity, and optimize your overall health.
- Homeopathy: Homeopathic remedies will desensitize you to your allergen, relieve your symptoms, promote drainage, and stimulate your vital force.
- Sinus Rinse: A simple Saline sinus rinse morning and night is a great way to make sure allergens don’t have a chance to build up in your nasal passages. Flush them out regularly to keep reactions to a minimum.
Take control of your allergies!
Call the clinic and schedule your appointment: 604-591-5569
Dr Asal Shalviri, Naturopathic Doctor, Legacies Health Centre